Sunday, October 2, 2011

So true.

Only God can truly satisfy.
For the pass few days I've been spammed with so much work that I find myself neglect spending time with God.
I didn't really feel any 'guilt' pushing aside my quiet time with God for alittle more time to finish up my homework.. Mostly because I gave myself excuses and reasons for me to feel 'right' with God. But I knew deep down He wasn't pleased, not one bit. It was foolish of me to think that praying regularly was enough.. As though we had some holy quota to meet each day.

But on friday night, I felt this huge displeasure on my heart. I felt empty spiritually and far from God. I remember a few weeks back and the periods where I felt so personal with God, like an indescribable friendship, were the best times I had. I found true enjoyment in God and spending time with Him.
But it hit me on Friday. I was frustrated with all the work I had, annoyed with the little things that wouldn't and shouldn't have bothered me, and I was just plain torn apart. It was just horrible the way I felt. Like I shunned God aside for the sake of doing what I felt could give me security. I didn't feel any accomplishment. No happiness of finishing a paper. None that lasted.
And today was just so divine. Like I could hear God shouting at me through today's sermon. Like a storm of both correction and assurance at the same time.
Only He can bring us true happiness. Only He can give us the ability to enjoy. So true.
I knew this as head knowledge.
But I never really felt that huge emptiness without God. This emptiness wasn't mere guilt. It felt like I wasn't me. As though I had like a huge chunk of what was part of my life and purpose ripped out of me. Like an emptiness of unbearable frustration.

What amazing mercy. He brings us back to Him for us to be filled with His everlasting love. He helps us to realise our wrong doings and moulds us into His image more and more. How amazing is that? He does all these even after He gave up His one and only son for the sake of His love for us. What ultimate mercy and grace could be followed by more mercy and grace?

I'm not sure how I'm gonna cope with another week of crazy amounts of homework and with the stress of o' levels coming, but I'm gonna trust that God is sovereign in everything. I want to glorify Him through my studies. To actually act and not casually say that I am glorifying Him.

I'm guessing it's the prime of most of our exams periods.
Please let us pray for one another as brothers and sisters in Christ. I'm sure all of us go through our different problems, and that's why we should commit each other in prayer. We need God's hand in our lives more than we know it.



No comments:

Post a Comment